RE: [Axiom-developer] MathML package

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] MathML package
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 01:08:36 -0500

On February 17, 2007 10:05 PM Arthur Ralfs wrote:

> I've posted my MathML package on SandBoxMathML.
> I'm still working on both the code and the documentation but
> it does work now.  I've also included the diff files needed to
> patch Axiom so it can be built with mathml as a new output
> form.  There are also a few files to help with viewing the
> output in Firefox.

Arthur,

Thank you very much for this contribution! I think this will
be very important for the development of new users interfaces
for Axiom. At the moment I am bogged down with other activities
but I plan to install your patches in my version of Axiom soon
and give this a test run.

Perhaps we can also install this on the Axiom Wiki web server
so that MathML output can be viewed directly in the Wiki. Last
time I tried this (with the Reduce MathML interface) I ran into
problems with forcing the Wiki to generate the correct headers
for web pages that contain MathML. Do you know of any way to
embed MathML into HTML that does not (quite) conform to the
XHTML standard?

PS. You might notice that I added your mathml.spad pamphlet as
a page on the Wiki (see link on left sidebar of SandBoxMathML)
so now you can see the documentation and code online.