[Axiom-developer] compiled-function-p

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] compiled-function-p
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 12:15:26 -0600

> Anyway, patch follows (note that this patch will probably do
> no good without other pathname changes from wh-sandbox

Here is where my problem arises. When trying to build a system that
many people will use, such as Gold, it is important that I don't
introduce more, or more subtle, errors than I fix. I'm very reluctant
to change what I don't understand since, in the long run I and others
may need to maintain it.

In order to apply your changes I will need to evaluate every other
change you've made to decide if it is related or a prerequisite change.
It can take a day or more to difference your source tree from Gold and
do this evaluation since there is no documentation in the source files
explaining why the change was made. And it is not clear if these changes
depend on other parts of your sandbox, such as Gaby's build system.

This change is a worthwhile idea and should be brought forward to Gold.
It would be most helpful, and Gold would happen a lot faster, if you
could take the time to make a diff-Naur Gold patch containing the
complete changeset.