Re: [Axiom-developer] Problem compiling wh-sandbox

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Problem compiling wh-sandbox
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 19:32:25 +0100 (CET)

> Dear Waldek,
>
> It seems I've got a problem compiling version 441 of wh-sandbox.
>
> * gcl is not insatlled on my machine
>
> * configure doesn't seem to do anything unusual
>
> * make seems to get into an infinite loop starting with
>
> if test "." != "."; then \
>    cp -r ./gcl .; \
> fi; cd gcl; \
> ./configure --prefix=/local/scratch/wh-sandbox/build/i686-pc-linux
> --enable-statsysbfd --disable-dynsysbfd --enable-vssize=65536*2
> --enable-maxpage=256*1024 --disable-tkconfig --disable-x --disable-xgcl && \
>         make && make install
> /bin/sh: line 0: cd: gcl: No such file or directory

In general to compile wh-sandbox you need to do one of the following:

-- have gcl pre-installed on your machine (note that if you have gcl in
   a private directory you can tell configure where to find it)
-- copy gcl tree from build-improvements.

I will put this information into README.wh.  Also, for out of source
build the build just stopped -- I will investigate how to detect missing
gcl tree and give sensible error message (intead of the loop you were
seeing).

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden