[Axiom-developer] Creating executables which use Lisp compiler

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Creating executables which use Lisp compiler
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:00:45 +0100 (CET)

I wonder if there is a preferred procedure to create executables
with gcl such that the resulting executable can use Lisp
compiler.  More precisely, using defualt setting of si::*system-directory*
may lead to problems.  Namely, if gcl is installed in a privite
directory (not readable by other users) then the resulting
executable give errors during C compile.  This is because
gcl (unconditionally) passes to C compiler -I directive pointing
to original system directory.  However when directory specified
in -I directive exists but is not readable by the user invoking
the compiler gcc treats this as an error.

This problem appeared when trying to install Axiom, see:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2007-02/msg00212.html

but I belive is a general problem for gcl created executables.

So the question is what is the preferred solution, in particular
if creator of the executable should change the value of
si::*system-directory* ?

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden