[Axiom-developer] RE: SoC mentors and application deadline: March 27th

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: SoC mentors and application deadline: March 27th
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:05:59 -0400

Dear Axiom Developers;

Well, we are nearly at the end of the SoC application phase and so far we
only have one very weak but still surviving application concerning Groebner
Basis in Lisp (or maybe Axiom). This is very disappointing to me. :-( Surely
there are some students out there somewhere who would want to spend the
summer learning and doing something about computer algebra with Axiom! After
all $US 4,500 for 3 months work is not that trivial, I think.

If you can spare any time immediately today to invite anyone you know who
might have at least some interest in this to submit a brief application as
soon as possible today at:

In the conference this morning LispNYC agreed to wait until midnight
(Eastern Daylight Time), today, 26 March before closing the applications and
final evaluation. Please do whatever you can do today to encourage more
people to apply.

Thanks.