Re: [Axiom-developer] new problem compiling wh-sandbox, rev 470 (urgent.

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] new problem compiling wh-sandbox, rev 470 (urgent...)
Date: 28 Mar 2007 04:17:12 -0500

Martin Rubey <address@hidden> writes:

| Dear Waldek,
|
| I just tried to compile wh-sandbox on my laptop.
|
| I used the preinstalled noweb, but copied gcl into the source tree.  Then I
| said:

| cd /tmp
| make ax-build
| ~/wh-sandbox/configure --prefix=$HOME
| make

| However, make failed, with the message
|
| Stage 2 copy
| cp: cannot stat 'ALIST.NRLIB/code.o': No such file or directory

It is likely that its compilation produced an error -- cuirrently we
miss the functionality of stopping the build process if an error is
encountered with the Lisp translator/compiler.
(I hope to fix that soon).

Could you look at the build log, especially build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/trace
(assuming you're running GNU/Linux and your laptop is x86 based?)