Re: [Axiom-developer] CAS for the masses

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] CAS for the masses
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 19:02:37 +0200

Hallo Bill,

On the other hand Python does directly support building classes
at run time while domains and categories can only be defined at
compile-time in Axiom.

Could you elaborate on this (on the python and aldor side). Can you give a small example what you think is possible in python that cannot be done with aldor. At first glance I have my doubts that "domains can only be defined at compile time in aldor". Already Aldor's ability to write domain-constructing functions is a counter example. But you probably meant something else.

Ralf