RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-commit] SF.net SVN: axiom: [491]branche

From: Weiss, Juergen
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-commit] SF.net SVN: axiom: [491]branches/build-improvements
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 11:02:20 +0200

> address@hidden writes:
> As of revision 491, I added a configure option --enable-checking for
> requesting runtime checking of Lisp codes, e.g. (proclaim '(optimize
> (safety 3))).
> That has the side effect of dramatically increasing the overall
> compilation time.  In return, you get to know about bugs you did not
> suspect or did not want to know about.

This is not too suprising, when you consider all the mails in this
newsgroup about errors with the following message
>> System error:
    Caught fatal error [memory may be damaged]
I always wondered why nobody recompiled the system with better error
checking, to localize these bugs. I'm glad you did that.

Greetings

Juergen Weiss

Juergen Weiss     | Universitaet Mainz, Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung,
address@hidden| 55099 Mainz, Tel: +49(6131)39-26361, FAX:
+49(6131)39-26407