Re: [Axiom-developer] FW: Axiom on Solaris 10.2 x86

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] FW: Axiom on Solaris 10.2 x86
Date: 08 Apr 2007 13:12:44 -0500

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

| Gaby,
|
| On April 8, 2007 10:59 AM you wrote:
| > The patch I sent did not work on GNU/Linux boxes, for the reason
| > that there is no separate libsocket library.  Consequently, we
| > must special case the addition for solaris-based systems.  I've
| > checked in a patch that does that and passes the build on an
| > i686-suse-linux. Please could you update and see whether the
| > build works for?
| >

| Sorry, the earlier patch also did not work on 'i386-pc-solaris2.10'.
| The same error as before. No -lsocket was added to the gcc command.

Huh.  It was added on my machine and compiler-link failed precisely
because the system ld could not find -lsocket.  I have special cased
solaris.  The build was OK on both i686-suse-linux and
x86_64-suse-linux.  If your build fails, please send me again your
config.log.

| I will revert the earlier patch and svn update and try again.
|
| The first thing to check immedately after ./configure is the
| src/sman/Makefile, I guess...

Yes, see what gets substituted there.

Thanks!