Re: [Axiom-developer] Mike Thomas' portability changes for Windows

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Mike Thomas' portability changes for Windows
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 16:38:31 +0200 (CEST)

> Gaby,
>
> In my email:
>
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2006-12/msg00167.html
>
> I described Mike Thomas' portability changes for windows. I have
> applied these to build-improvements and tested both the Windows
> and Solaris 10 x86 builds but more extensive testing is probably
> a good idea. The diff from SVN is attached to this email and
> affects the files shown below:
>
> $ svn status
> M      src\interp\daase.lisp.pamphlet
> M      src\interp\nlib.lisp.pamphlet
> M      src\interp\sys-pkg.lisp.pamphlet
> M      src\interp\construc.lisp.pamphlet
> M      src\interp\cfuns.lisp.pamphlet
> M      src\interp\i-syscmd.boot.pamphlet
> M      src\lib\cfuns-c.c.pamphlet
>
> Could you look especially at the patches to the file
> 'cfuns-c.c.pamphlet'? In this case had to merge autoconf-
> related changes from build-improvements with Mike's changes.
> Although I followed the pattern in the existing code, I am
> less confident that I used the #ifdef S_ ... #endif
> conditons properly.
>
> I think these changes should be attributed to Mike Thomas
> in the ChangeLog.
>
> These changes are necessary in order to run Axiom on Windows
> so I think they should go into build-improvements at your
> convenience. (I am still using autoconf-2.61 so I prefer if
> you commit rather than me.) Meanwhile as outlined in the above
> email, I will continue to make similar portability changes in
> other parts of the Axiom code.

src/interp/construc.lisp.pamphlet is unused and probably will
be deleted, the changes to it are likely to be wrong.

The change to src/interp/daase.lisp.pamphlet looks good
(but one needs more changes for real portability).

The change to src/interp/nlib.lisp.pamphlet is reasonable, but
I probably would like to do it in a different way to have
varsion which is not gcl specific.

src/interp/sys-pkg.lisp.pamphlet of course have to be kept in sync
with other changes.

Changes to src/lib/cfuns-c.c.pamphlet look backwards:
  CLgetpid is unused and was removed
  addtopath is unused and probably should be removed
  current code in directoryp should be more portable then Mike's
    version
  change to make_path_from_file should be conditional (Mike's
  version will mishandle Unix files which have backslashes in
  their name)
  in readablep and writeablep what matters for you is probably
  the final "return 1;" statement (which effectivly disables
  permission checking on Windows).

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden