Re: [Axiom-developer] gclweb.lisp

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] gclweb.lisp
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 12:12:41 -0500

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

>> You are suggesting having both the latex processing and the tangle
>> operation performed by TeX code?  Eeek.
>
> Hmm, the whole LaTeX3 project uses that approach. But I would say, the
> tangle (docstrip) is quite weak.

I thought that Tim was working on having latex do both tangling and
weaving.  Am I misremembering, or did that direction die off?

> OK, so why does nobody think of TeXmacs?
> There is just one problem. As far as I can tell, there is no support for
> literate programs in TeXmacs.

There was some work done in that direction
(see http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.editors.texmacs.devel/2653), but I
don't know if anything came of it.

But is tying down Axiom development to one editor a good idea?  (If it
is a good idea, TeXmacs seems like a reasonable choice.)

Jay