Re: [Axiom-developer] sbcl port

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] sbcl port
Date: 13 May 2007 19:17:26 -0500

Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:

| At:
|
| http://www.math.uni.wroc.pl/~hebisch/prog/sbcl4c.diff.gz
|
| you may find my current patch allowing compilation with sbcl.
| The patch shoul apply to current (revision 534) wh-sandbox.

Thanks.

| Currently build requires some manual intervention:
|
| 1) I ommited diff to interp-proclaims.lisp, one has to replace it
|    by safety declaration:

At the moment, build-improvements just omit that file.  I'm working on
a way to automate that -- bootsys has enough machinery to produce a
conservative approximation of each definition function type; so it
could ideally produce the information.  I've not gotten enought time
to finalize the bits.

For those interested, this more than 25-year old paper by Jones and
Muchnick may be of interest.

   http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=567752.567776