[Axiom-developer] Re: fixing SPAD

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: fixing SPAD
Date: 19 May 2007 17:19:31 +0200

Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, 19 May 2007, Martin Rubey wrote:
>
> | Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:
> |
> | >    I believe you raise a fundamental problem, which is that Spad
> | > should allow combination of predicate through usual logical operators.
> |
> | "combinations of predicates through usual logical operators." *are* allowed.
> | Only, in the context of conditional exports, predicates are limited to "is"
> and
> | "has".
>
> I meant in the context of conditional exports.
> Sorry, if that wasn't clear -- as I assumed you were talking of exports.

Sorry, but this reply of you makes your initial statement "unclearer".  You
write

> | > Spad should allow combination of predicate through usual logical
> | > operators.

This sounds as though combination of predicates (in conditional exports) would
not be allowed.

But currently, Spad does allow combination of predicates through usual logical
operators, no matter where.  However, *predicates* in the context of
conditional exports are limited to "is" and "has", it seems to me.  So,
combination works, but arbitrary predicates don't.

Do we agree?

Martin