Re: [Axiom-developer] Community

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Community
Date: 19 May 2007 22:30:35 -0500

C Y <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| Even if I do get this working however, the community may not care for
| it.  Gaby has put a great deal of work into autoconf (which IS in
| essence a competing solution, and has the considerable merit of already
| working), and the above system would almost certainly require a
| properly working ANSI lisp.

I don't care replacing the Autoconf-based build system with something
better; and if your system is better I'll lobby to use it.

I however have fundamental objections to any move to burry Axiom
deeper into a second class build system, and second class galaxy.

If we ever want to attract more people to Axiom, the least thing we
want is to paint ourselves into an exoteric ghetto.

Please give a thought to why we don't seem to attract new blood to
Axiom.  It is not that it is that difficult.  I've seen new blood in
the more challenging and difficult GCC system.