Re: [Axiom-developer] Live CD + Guess Package + Vmware

From: Alfredo Portes
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Live CD + Guess Package + Vmware
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 00:16:54 -0400

Hi Bill,

Let's avoid the use of personal names in reference to branches
in SVN unless the original author of the branch specifically
requests it. Actually I like to think of wh-sandbox as the best
version of Axiom that we have available right now even though
it is still under development.

I apologize for that. The actual name of the branch did not
come to me while writing the email.

My favorite mode of running hyperdoc on windows is via putty
X11 forwarding and Xming.

I think martin has had problems when trying to demonstrate his
guess package. Maybe this helps people try it easily. That was my
intention with the iso, not Doyen related (at least until the summer).

Actually I use the free Microsoft Virtual PC program rather
than vmware player since I found it integrates better with
Windows in most cases and appears to do less drastic things
to my machine's configuration. Unfortunately when I tried
the last version of the DoyenCD I had a problem with booting
the version of linux contained on that CD.

-1 for Virtual PC :-). The latest version has worked fine also
qemu.

Alfredo, are you using the same version of linux on this new
Live CD? Have you tried it with Virtual PC?

Yes I am still using the same linux version (Fedora Core 3). I tried
to get zope/zwiki/latexwiki/... in other distros but it was not as simple
as the current configuration. I would like to have the live cd based
on Ubuntu Live CD, so I dont have to care that much about hardware
support and just focus on Axiom/LatexWiki/interfaces....

I will try Virtual PC.

Regards,

Alfredo