RE: [Axiom-developer] Lisp portability

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Lisp portability
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 10:33:40 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 22 May 2007, C Y wrote:

| writeablep functions I'm also not familiar with.

This is a function Axiom implements as a C library function
(src/lib/cfuns-c.c) to determine the write access property of a file.
I think I've documented that.

[...]

| Waldek, do I understand correctly that these socket connections are
| used for the axiom terminal interface, the graphics, and the hyperdoc
| system?  My (limited) understanding of how Maxima handled communication
| with interfaces like xmaxima was that it used tcp sockets, sort of a
| pseudo-webserver/web-browser type connection.  (Many use more primative
| means, unfortunately...)  Can you recommend a good introduction into
| the various types of sockets/select?

In the file cfuns-c.c I mentioned above, I've put a reference material on the
topic.  See the comment above the axiom_has_write_access function.