[Axiom-developer] Axisp News

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Axisp News
Date: 29 May 2007 00:09:28 -0400

I have introduced a new wiki page giving a minimal overview of the
axisp branch:

        http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxispBranch

After giving some more thought to how I expect my work to progress, I
have modified the layout of the axisp repo on axiom-developer.  For
anyone who has cloned this repository, I suggest one does a fresh
git-clone to ensure the new remote refs are available.  See the wiki
page for a brief overview of the new layout, or keep reading.

There are four primary branches in the axisp repo, after a git-clone
you should see the following remote branches (see them with
`git-branch -r').

   origin/axisp:  This is the tip of my experimental code.  In general,
   this is unstable and possibly broken.

   origin/master: This is stable code merged from origin/axisp.  Here,
   one will (eventually) find a working, evolving, version of axiom
   which is being rewritten in Lisp and improved along the way.

   origin/axisp-silver-testing: Staging ground for code looking for
   public review and promotion into axisp-silver-release.  In other
   words, this branch is for beta-testing and pier review of code
   destined for silver.

   origin/axisp-silver-release: This branch holds changes which I am
   publishing for inclusion in Silver by sending Tim a git-pull
   request.  In general, this branch should be a mirror of Silver.

This setup allows me to pursue my own line of development in the axisp
and master branches, while also giving me the opportunity to
contribute back to Silver in a gracious manner without concern of
merge conflicts.

Sincerely,
Steve