Re: [Axiom-developer] wh-sandbox and aldor

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] wh-sandbox and aldor
Date: 01 Jun 2007 10:36:45 +0200

Dear Franz, Peter,

Franz: please always copy to the list, I think it is ok to send 10kb.  Your
problems may be very useful for others :-) Furthermore, there are people more
knowledgeable about building than me.  I hope you don't mind that I send the
logs to the list.

Peter: do you think you could update your Aldor support to work "out of the
box" with wh-sandbox.  At least here in Austria there seems to be a lot of
demand.  If I understand correctly, wh-sandbox (and probably
build-improvements) do not use the $AXIOM variable anymore, and the directory
structure has changed quite a bit.  Moreover, out of source build seems to be
recommended now.  I include my personal notes at the very end of this mail, but
it seems that they don't work for everybody.

> > ## make stops with
> > #
> > # SPADSET MK: all_spadsets.mk
> > # make[1]: *** No rule to make target
> > `/home/martin/ax-build/int/aldor/all_spad_cats.mk'.  Stop.
> > # make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/martin/ax-build/src/aldor'
> > # make: *** [all] Error 2
> yes, I got this far

great.

> > touch ../../int/aldor/dep_spad.stamp
> > document Make.functions.pamphlet
> > make

I believe the problem is described by the line in the log

  /bin/sh:

/home/lehner/usr/local/src/axiom/ax-build/src/aldor/x86_64-unknown-linux/bin/interpsys:
  Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

interpsys is an intermediate version of the axiom interpreter.  But the path

/home/lehner/usr/local/src/axiom/ax-build/src/aldor/x86_64-unknown-linux/bin/

looks rather broken -- it seems that -

  /src/aldor should rather be /build

all the time...  Hm, maybe you could just locate interpsys in your ax-build
tree, and set the path so that it will find it.  On my system it is

ax-build/build/i686-pc-linux/bin/interpsys

However, I am a little afraid that some variable is badly set.  What's the
value of $AXIOM when you tried to build?

Good luck,

Martin

# After out of source build in ax-build:

# !!! check version of make (3.81 beta 4 does not work !!!

# put or link document into ax-build/target/i686-pc-linux/bin

# extract src_aldor2.tar into ax-build/src/aldor

cd ax-build/src/aldor
document Makefile.pamphlet

export AXIOM=~/ax-build/target/i686-pc-linux/
make
## make stops with
#
# SPADSET MK: all_spadsets.mk
# make[1]: *** No rule to make target
`/home/martin/ax-build/int/aldor/all_spad_cats.mk'.  Stop.
# make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/martin/ax-build/src/aldor'
# make: *** [all] Error 2

touch ../../int/aldor/dep_spad.stamp
document Make.functions.pamphlet
make

# if build stops complaining that "no rule to make target ... axlit ", check
  version of make again