Re: [Axiom-developer] NAG libraries

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] NAG libraries
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 14:02:09 +0200 (CEST)

Franz Lehner wrote:
> > The --enable-checking only exists in the branches and is
> > not in silver, as far as I'm aware.
> that's what I learned so far as well.
> So if I want both aldor and --enable-checking, I need to get yet another
> branch? Any suggestions?

It depends what you really want.  --enable-checking sets Lisp safety
to 3, but only in build-improvements branch.  In wh-sandbox --enable-checking
is ignored, like other unrecognized --enable-xxx options.

If you want to build with Lisp safety set to 3 than wh-sandbox
should build OK.  AFAIK gold/silver will not build with
safety set to 3 -- one has to fix a few problems and the fixes
are not applied yet.  I am not sure about build-improvements.

OTOH safety 3 means very significant slowdown.  On the same machine
safety 0 build took about 2.5 hours while safety 3 build needed
about 19 hours.

---
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden