[Axiom-developer] Re: SVN revision 584

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: SVN revision 584
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 21:36:21 +0200

On 06/04/2007 08:15 PM, address@hidden wrote:
Alfredo,

One error I get in the both trunk and daly is that I need root
permission, if not
I get the error:
[...]
cp: cannot create regular file

    for i in `find . -name ".svn" ; do rm -rf $i ; done

This is an SVN bug. It does not happen with Arch, CVS, or git.

Sorry to say, Tim, but it is a but in the Makefiles. SVN just happens to make some files inside .svn read-only (because only svn should change them).

It is also an Axiom bug because the duplicate copy should not occur.

Right and it is

svn log -v https://axiom.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/axiom/branches/build-improvements -r74:75

svn diff https://axiom.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/axiom/branches/build-improvements -r74:75

that gives you the patch. Just redirect the output of "svn diff" to a file.

End users won't see the bug because we need to clean out all of the
.git, .svn, .cvs, and .arch subdirectories before packaging.

Oh, I think "end users" take precompiled things that come with debian/red hat etc. Most others compile from a checkout of one of the archives. Am I wrong?

Ralf