[Axiom-developer] Re: testing hyperdoc package on Windows

From: William Sit
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: testing hyperdoc package on Windows
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:58:26 -0400

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:49:43 -0400
 "William Sit" <address@hidden> wrote:
SOCKET(8080, getDocumentation$HyperDoc)$Lisp

simply "freeze" with no output. According to my firewall, it did ask to be a server and I allowed it. What should be expected?

Putting url

http://localhost:8080/|?binomial` `OutputForm|

simply says: waiting for localhost

I tried again and now:

(3) -> SOCKET(8080, getDocumentation$HyperDoc)$Lisp

   >> System error:
   Could not connect

protected-symbol-warn called with (NIL)

(Recall I have set permission to allow Axiomsys.exe to be a server.) Is there any additional Windows app I need to run (to make my machine serve webpages? -- actually I probably don't want this at all; I would like only to serve pages to my local home network).

William