Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: root chunks

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: root chunks
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 19:56:41 +0200 (CEST)

Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
> I am pretty sure that someone can confirm that gcc has an option that
> compiles the #line information into the executable. I am not so sure
> about gcl. Camm?
>
> You don't need to debug with sbcl. If a bug happens via SBCL and not via
> GCL then that is a bug in the compiler and not in the algebra code. So
> you would not be interested in debugging unless you are a compiler writer.

Sorry, that very naive:  Axiom in many places makes unportable
assumptions.   So, in most cases when code works in one Lisp but
fails in another the code is wrong.  FYI SBCL caught a number
of bugs that were hidden when running under gcl (some of them
were likely to give you "memory may be damaged" message).

Do not take this message personally, but I am concerned by
general attitude presented on this list: people here frequently
ignore important practical problems.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden