Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Combinat

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Combinat
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 12:03:45 -0400

Bertfied,

On 6/30/07, you wrote:

if we are here dealing already with a sort of pointers (or function
arrays) is there already in Aldor/Axiom a 'functor' domain?

I think of a Functor domain in the following sense, it should implement a
'categoy' (in the mathematical sense) of morphisms which opperate on
another (pair of) categor(y/ies). The functionality of such a category
would be to implement naturality of maps, coherence, composability of
morphisms, etc.

You might be interested in this paper that deals at least in part with
these issues

Domains of data and domains of terms in AXIOM
by BROWN, R. & DRECKMANN, W

http://portal.axiom-developer.org/refs/articles/brown-free-c-g.pdf/file_view

from

http://www.informatics.bangor.ac.uk/public/math/research/preprints/95/algtop95.html

IFF such a thing would work, species would be an instance, as also lambda
rings and symmetric functions ;)

I think that is very interesting.