Re: [Axiom-developer] Build machinery -- an overview

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Build machinery -- an overview
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 08:50:31 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007, Stephen Wilson wrote:

| Hello Gaby,
|
| In general I dont have any problems with the overview.
|
| Two questions.  How have you found your current setup w.r.t autoconf
| variabilities?  In my experience autoconf is quite sensitive about
| which version is used to build the format, esp when local macros are
| used.  Is it at all worth standardizing on a specific autoconf version
| among developers?

Yes, it is worth standardizing on a specific Autoconf version.

I'm not worried about the fined grained variations of generated
configure, than the availability of macros, bugs or non-bugs,
functionalities.  This is a requirement on developers, not
users.  For a long time we have used Autoconf 2.59, which contained
a bug, now fixed in 2.60.