Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: 2.7 build

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: 2.7 build
Date: 14 Jul 2007 09:16:09 -0400

Greetings!

Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:

> Camm Maguire <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> | emit-fn is still there and has not been changed, but has bugs.
>
> I understand your discussion was in the GCL-2.7.0 context.  Is it
> advisable for Axiom to remove its use entirely -- even with
> GCL-2.6.8pre?

No, I recommend it strongly with 2.6.8 for performance reasons.  Axiom
does not run afoul of any of the weaknesses, AFAICT.

I'm also eager if anyone has comparative performance reports on 2.6
and 2.7.  Bootstraping the latter takes longer, but (I hope) all other
metrics point the other way.

Take care,