[Axiom-developer] availability

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] availability
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:35:17 -0500

> Now you could argue that we could scan the latex file and infer the
> information from the markup therein. This will fail as we would need
> to write a full TeX parser to do that.

As indicated before I have this working in a branch. You don't need to
do anything except indicate which latex command you'd like to process
and which function you'd like to apply. Thus

\spadcommand{a^2+b^2=c^2}

is handled by a dynamic table-lookup. You associate a latex command
with a lisp command so

("spadcommand" "lispspadcommand")

means that

\spadcommand    calls  (lispspadcommand ....)

Simple. No magic. No effort. In fact, there is no reason why you
couldn't call spad functions directly. Just set up the list and do

  )lisp (weave "foo.pamphlet")

eventually it should be

  )weave foo

I though I explained this clearly in the prior, unintentionall offlist notes.