[Axiom-developer] Re: Sage on Scientific Linux?

From: Troy Dawson
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Sage on Scientific Linux?
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 02:15:28 -0500

root wrote:
Colleagues,

There is a cross-fertilization that might be very useful for both
the Scientific Linux world and the Sage world.

For those who don't know, Scientific Linux is a linux distribution
that is a "common platform" for scientific users. It was recently
described as:

Sage is an open source effort to create a free and open alternative
to Mathematica, Maple, Magma, and Matlab.

It seems to me that the development of a standardized open source
platform for science and scientific computation have quite common
goals. Indeed, it could be argued quite strongly that this kind of
a platform effort is a strong target for NSF, INRIA, or other major
government funding.

I can answer some trivial questions about both projects but I am
not a "contact person" for either project.

Tim Daly
Axiom

Hi Tim,
That does look like an interesting program. It's possible that many scientists would be interested in it.
Has someone already packaged it in an rpm that you know of?
Troy Dawson
Troy Dawson  address@hidden  (630)840-6468