Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: pkg-src

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: pkg-src
Date: 24 May 2008 11:11:29 +0200

Aleksej Saushev <address@hidden> writes:

> > Hmmm, methinks you fall into the philosophy supporting FriCAS.
> > Waldek seems to have your goals already achieved.
>
> Except for literate programming, if I understand it correct,

This is not quite correct.  Our approach (well, at least mine) is to use
literate programming with LaTeX for everything written in SPAD or Aldor, i.e.,
everything below the compiler and interpreter level.

For the rest (i.e., Makefiles, code written in Lisp and code written in Boot),
we do not use LaTeX.  I think that this is ok since you rarely need math for
Makefile documentation.  It is *not* my intention to separate code from
documentation.  (Very recently, some rather old and partially outdated
documentation of Makefiles has been put into separate files.  I do not have the
energy to maintain this documentation, and it seems to me that it is relatively
short living, in comparison to the algorithms in the algebra.)

> and tarball, which I'm waiting for.

You can find tarballs here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=200168

Is that what you are looking for?