Re: [Axiom-developer] 20080828.01.mxr.patch (add cost to bottomUp output

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] 20080828.01.mxr.patch (add cost to bottomUp output (Rubey))
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:10:40 -0400

>> Function selection for overloaded functions is driven by the cost
>> estimate of the function. This is useful information for someone
>> skilled at reading the output of )set mes bot on
>
>this is due to Bill Page, although I doubt it was intended for general
>audience...
>
>Martin
>
>> +20080828 mxr src/interp/i-funsel.boot add cost to bottomUp output

Sorry, it looked like the code was from you somehow.
I've fix it on the website.
<http://axiom-developer.org/axiom-website/patches.html>

The output is now only produced when the )set mes bot on
command has been used. Someone using that command is presumed
to have a clue since it is a "development" command. It is
useful debugging information.