[Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail] Problem with real/imag/conjugate

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail] Problem with real/imag/conjugate
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:45:40 -0400

This one is queued as bug number 7199.

When you say the latest "Gold" sources can you tell me the
result of the "Version" and "Timestamp" lines from the Axiom banner?
Where did you get the sources?

Tim

Arnold Doray wrote:
I get the wrong answer for real/imag for some forms of complex numbers.
For example:

are both equivalent, but imag/real gives complex (and incorrect) answers
for "a" (ie, real(a) and imag(a) are both complex), but I get the right
answers for "b". Also "conjugate" fails on both with an error message.

Am I missing something here? I am using Axiom compiled from the latest "Gold" source.
Thanks,
Arnold