[Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail] Exponential Integral (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail] Exponential Integral (UNCLASSIFIED)
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 20:47:48 -0400

If you know of any other fits to interesting functions I'd appreciate a pointer to the work. Finding high quality, numerically stable, smooth piecewise fits is a challenge.

Tim Daly
Axiom Lead Developer

Segletes, Steven (Civ,ARL/WMRD) wrote:

Classification: _* UNCLASSIFIED*_
Caveats: NONE
I was tickled to find mention of my exponential integral (E1(x)) fitting algorithm at _http://www.axiom-developer.org/axiom-website/patches/20080119.01.tpd.patch_ . As noted there, the accuracy of my published fit is only 4 decimal places. Years ago, I extended that original fit to greater precision (with more parameters of course), if it is of use to anyone, though I have not published the extensions. I do not subscribe to your maillist, but am happy to provide the fits, should you provide your request to me at address@hidden
Regards,
Steven Segletes
U.S. Army Research Laboratory
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005-5066