[Axiom-developer] Re: Debian ports

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Debian ports
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:30:55 -0500

Camm,

The file "exposed" sets 3 global variables
|$globalExposureGroupAlist|
|$localExposureDataDefault|
|$localExposureData|

These are static, hand-maintained alists.

I have no idea why they are loaded multiple times.
They do not need to be. I will look into it.

OK, but for now, if we want ia64, mips, mipsel, alpha, and hppa ports
(which maybe we don't), I need to get the interpsys build to load all
binary modules just once.  As I said before, things apparently work by
changing the bookvol5 load at the top of makeint.lisp to a .lsp load
as far as this file goes.  But there is alas something else that is

Error: Binary module load error:
/home/camm/axiom-20091101/mnt/linux/algebra/exposed.o

Can you help here?  Can I use the same trick to load the first two
instances in .lsp form?