[Axiom-developer] Axiom / Aldor

From: Klaus Causemann
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Axiom / Aldor
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 21:51:41 +0200

Hello everybody,

just having installed Axiom under Ubuntu 10.4  I tried
to compile my first Axiom Source trueromnum.as
( more or less a copy of romnum.as ).  The compilation
ended as follows:

(1) -> )compile trueromnum.as
   sh: NIL/bin/aldor: not found
       The )library system command was not called after compilation.

To my surprise I didn't find "Aldor" in the whole System although
it seems to be an essential part of Axiom.

I found one version of Aldor under Aldor.org but I couldn't install
it under Ubuntu 10.4.  So I implemented a xxx.spad programm which
was compiled by an "old system compiler".  This means to me that
there must be "a new system compiler" somewhere.

I would like to know which compiler is up to date
where I can find it.

Regards
Klaus Causemann