Re: [Axiom-developer] Aldor

From: daly
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Aldor
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 20:39:33 -0400

Well I spent the night thinking about it and, frankly, I'd
say that Haskell has taken over the niche where Aldor could
have been. Haskell has an interactive mode, a strong compiler,
strong type checking, multi-core support, and a much larger
user population. I don't see that Aldor offers any advantages
at this point.

Its been on my queue of things to do to figure out how to
generate haskell using the same mechanisms we use to generate
Fortran. Something like )set output haskell

Tim