[Axiom-developer] literate programming in html

From: Martin Baker
Subject: [Axiom-developer] literate programming in html
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 10:57:32 +0000

Does the code have to be physically in the same document as the documentation
to achieve the aims of literate programming?

The analogy that I would make is with graphics in html, these are stored in
their own files so we can edit a .gif file or a .jpeg file or .png or .svg and
so on each with there own appropriate graphics editor. The browser brings
these all together, when its being read,  so that the end user can read the
"story".

Is there some way this could be done for code? That is get the browser to
insert it into the document when its being read rather than build what looks
like quite messy tangling and untangling tools?

Martin