Re: [Axiom-developer] [fricas-devel] documentation standards

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] [fricas-devel] documentation standards
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 05:17:59 -0800

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Bill Page <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]

It is remarkable to me how our perceptions differ! When did you last
look at OpenAxiom? I think the effort in OpenAxiom has been mostly of
an internal nature: extensions to the SPAD language, improvements in
coding style and preparations for re-basing the system on LLVM rather
than Lisp.  Last summer FriCAS had a Google Summer-Of-Code funded
project with similar goals.

I missed the announcement of that SoC project.  What happened to it?

As for the larger question as to whether OpenAxiom is dead, not it is not.  Most of my slow activities in the last couple of years is largely attributable to my taking on new roles (changing main job and employer), relocating entire family from Texas to the Pacific Northwest, and finding new home.  That, on top of daytime job, well... It is easily summarized in in two sentences but it is no small potato :-)

Happy New Year!