[Axiom-developer] Raising the bar (again)

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Raising the bar (again)
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 00:40:40 -0600

David Mimno gave an interesting talk about using visualization
to make algorithms and models easier to learn. He points out that
we need three things, the math, the code, and the visualization.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Pe30Zz3a0&feature=youtu.be

So far there has been almost no work on visualization in literate
programs. The time has come to change that. We have algorithms in
Axiom that could lend themselves to visualization and those
visualizations can be embedded in the literate document.

Given that the goal of literate programming is communicating the ideas
that the code represents to a new generation it seems that visualization
is important. I am going to try to construct a prototypical example.

So, yet a "higher bar" for excellent documentation.