Re: [Axiom-developer] Catching up on internals

From: Eugene Surowtz
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Catching up on internals
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 15:05:59 -0400

Did anyone get back to you on this?

Gene

On 9/5/2017 9:33 AM, Nicolas Doye wrote:
Dear all,

last time I looked at the internals (20 years ago) the parts I was interested in were all written in BOOT. I wrote all my tentative code in BOOT and patched one function (possibly coerceInteractive) to accept it. I have several hundred lines of BOOT code that may be of interest to people.

I can’t remember exactly how one compiles BOOT and adds it into the interpreter’s path Worse, I can’t remember BOOT’s syntax. I had a photocopy of the BOOT programming guide, but, sadly, can’t find it.

Is there any online documentation on hacking the Axiom interpreter? Also, if anyone has a scan of the BOOT document, please can you let me get hold of it somehow?

Quick Bio: I was a student of James Davenport’s in the late 90s working on coercion, Axiom’s type system and Universal Algebra. Since then I’ve not been in academia.

*Nic Doye
*
email: address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>
web: https://worldofnic.org <https://worldofnic.org/?utm_source=email+signature>