Re: Literate Executables

From: Tim Daly
Subject: Re: Literate Executables
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 08:20:25 -0500

Java code has the pseudo-ability to re-generate the original source
through decompilation. Unfortunately given the size of any executable
it would be years worth of work to reverse-engineer the understanding
without explanation. I struggle to even understand the traceback of
any Java failure :-)

Open source, by definition, already has the source available.
Only the URL of the github repository and the hash number corresponding
to the current executable is needed.

I haven't worked for IBM since 1995, the year IBM Research eliminated
the math department, including me. My ground-breaking work in Artificial
Intelligence has yet to be cited by anyone so their decision was probably wise.

Tim