Re: Axiom git

From: Tim Daly
Subject: Re: Axiom git
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 19:10:30 -0500

No.  Axiom is alive and well and being developed.
I am changing Axiom but not posting changes until
they reach a "release" version.

The new Axiom uses common lisp rather than Spad,
has a much richer "scaffold" of inheritance, and integrates
Lean-style logic for program proof.

I know from my prior effort to eliminate the Boot language
that these changes, though required since Spad can't
handle dependent types or proofs, will be unpopular.

Axiom is a "research platform". I'm pushing a research
agenda that integrates proofs and algebra. Nobody cares.
Thus, "working in public" is not helpful.

Axiom is still free and open source. The source will be
available at every release.

Tim

On Mon, Mar 6, 2023 at 6:08 PM Svjatoslav Agejenko <svjatoslav@svjatoslav.eu> wrote:
Hello !

On Mon, 2023-02-13 at 14:42 -0500, Tim Daly wrote:
> You'll notice that I've stopped updating the Axiom source tree.
> I thought FOSS development was a great idea when I started
> in 1997. The Axiom effort has convinced me otherwise.
> I've stopped working in "open source".

Is it so that open source version of Axiom is dead ?
It will not be developed as free software anymore ?

Best regards
--
Svjatoslav Agejenko
WWW: http://svjatoslav.eu