axiom-math

RE: [Axiom-math] special functions

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-math] special functions
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:17:36 -0500

On January 29, 2006 7:31 PM Vanuxem Grégory

> Yes but:
>
> 9) -> gamcfe(7.0,0.0)
>    Compiling function nume with type Float -> Stream Float
>    Compiling function dene with type (Float,Float) -> Stream Float
>    Compiling function cfe with type (Float,Float) ->
> ContinuedFraction Float
>    Compiling function ccfe with type (Float,Float) -> Stream
> Fraction Float
>
>    >> Error detected within library code:
>    division by zero

Of course that is just the limiting case... easy to handle.
See revision:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxGamma

Now, really this routine needs to be written in SPAD since we
don't really want to have two different namess for Gamma - one
for the symbolic case and one for the numeric. We want

  Gamma(1,2) to be Type: Expression Integer

but

  Gamma(1,2)::Expression Float

to return a floating point value. This is quite easy in SPAD.

Regards,
Bill Page.