baby-devel

Re: [baby-devel] install.out

From: Jerome Kunegis
Subject: Re: [baby-devel] install.out
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:37:21 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

> I'm running Debian testing if that matters. The error message is a
> little vague, and so am I :)
> Let me know if you need more detailed info.
>
> sh/install-all: line 174: time: command not found

Workaround:  Remove the word `time' on that line
             (sh/install-all:174).

Apparently the shell cannot find `time'.  If your /bin/sh is Bash
(like all Linux distributions), then it should have `time' as a
builtin.  `time' could also be installed as a standalone program.

Try this:

$    /bin/sh -c "if time echo aaa ; then echo Y ; else echo N ; fi"

It should output:

aaa

real        0.0
user        0.0