baby-devel

Re: [baby-devel] babychess documentation

From: Jerome Kunegis
Subject: Re: [baby-devel] babychess documentation
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:26:11 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

> use it fully since i can't find any documentation. Oh ! i can play, but
There is no documentation at the moment.

> i'd like to use eg. crafty, or know how to use baby_chess_evaluator...
It is impossible to use Crafty at the moment.

> So here is my question : do you know where i could find some doc ? i'd
> help you to write some if necessary.
Writing documentation would be a good idea.  I think I'll write a few
How-tos for common tasks, such as playing against the engine.

Here's the short answer:

To play against the BabyChess evaluator, start the Game Editor
(baby_gui_game, or click on "New Game" in the start window, which is in
the program baby_gui_start.)  Then set the following settings in the menu:

-Engine | Time
-Engine | Play move when found
-Engine | Start engine automatically

The thinking time can be set in Engine | Settings.

I plan to have a program "baby_gui_match" in future that can be used to
play games against engines.  Support for XBoard-compatible engines such as
Crafty has also to be written.

About the documentation:  I'll write a short How-to (maybe in form of a
FAQ) this weekend; and announce it on the mailing list.

Regards,
        Jerome KUNEGIS