baby-devel

[baby-devel] Other guys are improving themselves..are you?

From: Carissa
Subject: [baby-devel] Other guys are improving themselves..are you?
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 21:56:05 +0800

Paraphrased from The Mourning Bride, act i, scene i, by William Congreve. If you buy cheaply, you pay dearly. If something is worth doing, then it's worth doing right. Long experience of someone or something can make one so aware of the faults as to be scornful. A person is known by the company he keeps.
Two heads are better than one. Possible Interpretation: fancy way of saying that we should play as a team and not as individual players. Alternative: Treat 'im rough, you get you muff.--Ali G Loose lips sink ships. If you can't be good, be careful. A person is known by the company he keeps.
Fation is a form of Ugliness, so in-tolerable that we have to alter it every six months. There's no place like home. Good enough for Government work. You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs. Possible Interpretation: Here talks means carries weight, in the sense that it is influential. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Possible interpretation: forbidden things are the most tempting (Biblical origin) A penny saved is a penny earned. Make love, not war.
A fox smells its own lair first. and A fox smells its own stink first. Possible Interpretation: Women do not like the nice guys. If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it probably needed fixing anyway. Two heads are better than one.
There are too many chiefs and not enough Indians. People who live in glass houses have to answer the door. ^... and it takes a simpler mind to notice Good enough for Government work. Little enemies and little wounds must not be despised. Many things are lost for want of asking. He goes a'sorrowing who goes a'borrowing
Vengeance is a dish best served cold. Whom we love best, to them we can say the least. Salvage Something From Every Setback. - R Sankaranarayanan A picture is worth a thousand words, and yet picture books are for infants. The exception proves the rule. Don't take any wooden nickels.
The beauty of things lies in the mind that contemplates it There's no arguing with the barrel of a gun. The truth shall set you free, or The truth will set you free. Like water off a duck's back. Attributed to Winston Churchill. It's easier to turn falsehood loose than correct it everywhere it runs to. Alternative: Liquor on beer, have no fear. Beer on liquor, never sicker. God is a living God. A picture is worth a thousand words.
Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies. Money makes the world go around. Alternative: Ask no questions and hear no lies. Give respect take respect. The value of ANYTHING is determined by the agreement of only two people. A rolling stone gathers no moss.
Don't remove winter vests (undergarments) until summer arrives. If you practice wrong you will always do it wrong Bread is the staff of life. A person is known by the company he keeps. The best way to get someone to stop digging his heels in is to dig out the sand around him. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Noblesse oblige. The start of a journey should never be mistaken for success.