baby-devel

[baby-devel] myth gridiron

From: Sam Allen
Subject: [baby-devel] myth gridiron
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:13:53 +0300

Crossply tyres are bridgestone. Had this one imported, it started second kick when pulled from the crate, two month old Japanese fuel and all.
As I said this is a gradual restoration project. Still lots to do before she is perfect. Sorry about the poor quality but at that time I only had a small pocket Kodak. Phot shot at home downunder in Auckland , New Zealand. Frame, motor, fork, wheels and brakes are original.
Gearshifter to push-pull selector through bulkhead.
This picture was from the E-Bay ad.
Rubber matting was standard in the lower specification cars.
No cover in boot was standard.
If you have a similar machine or if you want to run it, just send me an email. But it sure is more fun. Fresh cold air vents in front of door hinges. Bought her new and still have her.
Body hugging adjustable bucket seats and quite sufficient legroom for relaxed touring without tiring. Really pisses you off when you have spent half a day polishing it, but I am sure the guys in the helicopter got a great laugh out of it.
Front grill badge, and all lights are new old stock.
Frame, motor, fork, wheels and brakes are original. Depending on which side of the road you ride on that is!
As expected from Honda, this engine is quite a precision mechanism constructed of only the highest quality materials including modern alloys. As you can see there is a lot of work to restore it.
The best of both worlds.
Frame, motor, fork, wheels and brakes are original.
Rubber matting was standard in the lower specification cars.
Had this one imported, it started second kick when pulled from the crate, two month old Japanese fuel and all. The pump forced lubrication system with two seperate filters enables the engine to move at such high speeds without under wear.
New old stock instruments and steering wheel, Restored dashboard panel. Phot shot at home downunder in Auckland , New Zealand.
Horn, Carburetor, Diaphram, Wiper motor.
Heater via lever, next to gear shifter, push in to open flap and let warm engine air inside.