[Bayonne-devel] How do I get play to work over HTTP?

From: Alastair Maw
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] How do I get play to work over HTTP?
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:14:16 +0100

The manual states:

"Audio may be played directly from a URL when XML support has been
enabled in Bayonne. [...] hence, one can do something like ``play
http:/audio/myaudio.au''. If XML support is not enabled, then `http:'
prompts are ignored."

So I have this in my script:

   play http://localhost/audio.au

Which produces --trace output of:

   dummy(0): step 3 play(http:/localhost/audio.au)
   dummy(0): play
   /usr/local/share/bayonne/sys/http//localhost/audio.au: cannot open
   dummy(0): reset

I didn't compile Bayonne with --without-xml, and SQL support, etc. is
working fine.

Any pointers on how to get this to work would be most welcome. OTOH, if I get there first, discover there's a problem, and patch the source code, where do I submit patches for review?

TIA,

--
Alastair Maw
MX Telecom <http://www.mxtelecom.com>