Re: [Bayonne-devel] Mysql patch and sigsegv problem

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-devel] Mysql patch and sigsegv problem
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 08:29:14 -0400

It is possible the backtrace module in Bayonne prevents it from coreing, since it catches the segv. If so, I would suggest looking at modules/debug/trace.cpp, which is where it registers...

I would like to take the mysql patch in, and any other useful updates. I have not updated the 1.x server in awhile. I suspect there are a number of open issues with ccscript "1" (2.5.x)...

Etoile Dièse wrote:
Hello,

We tested the patch that I posted lately in response to a mail from Jaime Bados. Under heavy load, the mysql connections are faster and we did not see any problem at the time. Maybe we could accelerate the things by not closing the mysql connection when a user hangs up.

I post this comment about the patch so late because testing our application we found a big problem with ccscript which makes Bayonne to segfault. This is not linked to the Mysql modification because we reproduced it with the original version. I would like to analyse this problem but I can't find any way to produce a core. I tried to launch Bayonne from a shell, not in daemon mode, with ulimit -c 1000000, nothing works.

Does anybody knows a way to make Bayonne to produce a core when it crashes ?