[Bayonne-devel] Re: Some Asterisk oddities with Bayonne/exosip SIP regis

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Re: Some Asterisk oddities with Bayonne/exosip SIP registration...
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:06:35 +0200 (CEST)

Sure enough it registers. I can dial 290 from another extension, and it calls my server and runs my script just as it should! However, every time it refreshes, it returns to me both a fail and accept on the registration through exosip (eXosip "1", I haven't converted to exosip2 yet...).

If asterisk send 2 SIP messages answer to ONE request, then asterisk
should be broken!
No more info... I didn't try myself.

Aymeric

So I get both a fail and confirm event back...how very odd! Also, according to Asterisk, it claims not to see me actively "monitoring" my sip endpoint, though, again, it is quite able to send me calls.

So the question is which is broken (something in Bayonne, Asterisk, in eXosip?!), and if so in what way? Is it normal to get two responses back? Why doesn't it see me as monitoring, yet is still able to send me calls? Asterisk could not seem to do this for my old broken bt100 once it lost track of its monitoring....