[Bayonne-devel] Update on Synway

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Update on Synway
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:16:19 -0400

I now have a new sdk manual for the synway cards, from the ?4.6.0.5? driver release. It is a very big document, and even has some nice sections on theory. They have state transition diagrams that also match well with the Bayonne call processing model. They do seem to also cover ss7, which offers some interesting possibilities. And they have api support for fax and generic fsk data.

My preliminary read of their hardware guide is that in all their cards they have voice processing resources sufficient for their channel count, and presumably, all their different card models are DSP cards. That also makes use in Bayonne much simpler since DSP resources need not be micro-managed.