[Bayonne-devel] Bayonne development and discussion for 1.2.0

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Bayonne development and discussion for 1.2.0
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:14:48 -0500

At this point, I am generally happy with the 1.0 server, but it lacks some key features that would make it simple to integrate with other packages. For example, I would like to add address book click links to things like SQL-Ledger, and have a fifo command to push such a request through directly, rather than arranging scripts in the commands passed. I also want to standardize how bayonne may activate other things like pagers and other phone system features directly from fifo control. I do have an idea for binding fifo commands to scripts which will allow these types of things to occur more easily in a configurable way.

Hence, while the Bayonne2 1.1 branch was originally to explore work for Bayonne2 2.0, I am thinking about cutting the 1.0.10 release off except for critical driver bug fixes, and to later introduce a 1.2 release (based on 1.0) that would focus on standardizing these and other integration enhancements. These would be first tested in near term 1.1 releases. I also want to see if we can re-introduce bayonnexml, as a binding, in time for a 1.2 release.